Share IT

Welcome!  -  The Hydro Floss Is The BEST!  -   Free shipping on all carts over $25.  

Friday, December 6, 2013

Risk To Your Blogging Life Or Business Is Real If You Use Blogger

Recently, many of you know that my blog  at : http://Blog.ToothyGrinsStore.com has been locked by blogger. 

That business blog was tied to my store at ToothyGrinsStore.com .  

Apparently, this is due to some automated spam detection that blogger is using.   They admit that their detection program is not very good and that it creates many false positives:


What I found out through research is that these blogs are only manual reviewed on Monday Thru Friday and that they have a huge backlog. [Apparently, they have been busy shutting down both spam blogs and legitimate blogs and there is quite a queue to go through] 

So, there is no telling how long my blog will be locked until they get around to it.   It could be a few weeks or a few months before they get around to taking a look at it. 

In the meantime, I have no access to the blog that I have spent a year on and where I have written over 1,000 posts.   In addition, no one else does either.  So all of the traffic I have spent time building over the last year is basically gone.  Here is what they see when they go to any page on my blog:


As you may have noticed yourself:   "That's all we know",  isn't quite factual, is it? 

So, here are some of the problems this causes:

1.  I have important information on products that customers have already purchased on that blog.  This is information they cannot reach.  

2.  Some pages on my ecommerce store, reference pages on that blog.   These are pages that potential customers can no longer get information from.

3.  This leaves dead links on my ecommerce store.

For number 3 above, the dilemma is:  Do I go through the work and effort of changing those links or do  I wait for blogger to make their final decision on whether they are going to release my blog or not.

And did I mention the loss of traffic that took a year to build up?   Oh, I think I did mention that. 

So leave your comments below on this situation....

I'm sure that the irony has not escaped you that this is being posted on another blogger blog... 

-David





No comments:

Post a Comment